Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Boys Day at Mammy's House

Well, today Mammy, aka Miss Jeanne (John's Mom), wanted a boys day with all her grandboys so off we went to Mammy's.  Linley had our own girl's day today which I must say was quite productive and quIEt. 

Cleaning was involved. Lots of toys picked up. But despite that fact I still almost broke my neck while holding Linley, as we were walking through the living room and trying to avoid her play gym. Seriously, I think I could have won a million dollars if anyone had been there to witness it.  I busted out laughing and Linley looked at me like I had lost my mind. 

Now all you moms out there can relate to this. Why is it that the moment you go to lay down and rest for a few after you have everything finished and the baby is napping that they cut it short? I mean really? There's nothing worse than almost getting to nap but being awakened out of stupor to a baby ready to get up. 

Mammy brings the boys home.  She has a package for me, Caleb's dirty underwear. I didn't ask. Didn't want to know.  Just knowing that it's waiting for me to wash them is enough.

Tonight at church was just comical.  I take Caleb into his classroom and he starts crying for Daddy.  So I take him to John thinking he can get him in the room, as I walk out I notice John trying to get Ethan to calm down because he doesn't want to stay with the big kids.  Really?  I mean, we go to this church Sunday morning, evening, and Wednesday evening not to metion Bible studies and then VBS.  Oh well, at least they love their parents. 

On the way home from church we are going to Wal-Mart.  We are stopped at a stoplight and John and I are discussing some of the topics I heard about in Bible Study (since he ended up staying with both boys in their class).  We are stopped and I look over and see a car FULL of girls, adults and teenagers, laughing at us.  I just smile, thinking "What has Caleb done now?"  I turn around to look and it's not Caleb but Ethan. He has a t-shirt on his head like a hat really showing out for those girls.  Oh my.  And to think he was once upon a time my bashful child. 

We get home and Ethan now thinks it's just hilarious to "spank" me.  Not so.  Caleb then decides he doesn't want me to bathe him but rather Dad.  Hey that's fine.  But then he decides to call me "Doody".  WHAT????!!!  Now, I did mention that it is not respectful to call your mommy that...BUT I had to have a comeback. I mean seriously, THIS kid calling ME doody. Oh no. So as any adult would do I responded with, "Well, if I'm Doody then you are my Poopy."  Got the last word on that one. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny the things that our children come up with? I mean yeah... it is disrespectful... but sometimes you have to just wait till they leave the room and laugh to yourself...

    My oldest is almost 17 and sometimes she gets me laughing when I'm alone because if I did it in front of her... she's just continue to do it... even tho she's almost 17... sometimes I see her still as a 3 or 4 y/o little girl with pig tails.

    I love reading about you and the kids...

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete