Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2012

I love it

What a day.  I have to say, I love it.

Normal morning and actually productive, worked out, children fed, Bible study done (kids AND mine), preschool accomplished, poop waiting for me on the back porch (not from a dog or cat but my child of course), and then Linley is eating.  Ethan has a question: Mom, will I be buried when I die?  Then we discuss what a soul and heart is and how you get to Heaven. Then, it happens. This sweet boy stops playing immediately, and starts praying to Jesus to forgive him of his sins, thanking Him for dying on the cross and being in Heaven, and then asks Jesus into his heart.  Then he tells me, "Mom I feel Jesus coming in my heart."  I think probably the sweetest thing everto hear my son praying to Jesus.  Does he fully understand? Only God knows that.  But, the steps on his spiritual journey are absolutely amazing. 

Lunch is being requested and what are their requests:
Ethan: pickle sandwich with celery and carrots and ranch.
Caleb: apple

So much for the grilled cheese I made, it ended up in the scrap bucket. 

Mammy is coming over in a little while :) The boys are pumped. She is delivering Caleb's birthday cake for tomorrow.  Oh wait, she's here.  And what does she have but the cake! We have to see it while we are sitting outside. 
Caleb: I want it now.
Me: No buddy, we have to wait til tomorrow.
Caleb: I want it now.
Mammy: We have to wait til your party tomorrow. 

Beginning to close the cake box and all of a sudden it happens. Caleb, finger swipes the black angry bird on the cake and eats it.  YUMMMMMM.  Is all I hear.  Can I get upset? No, it's Caleb. It's his birthday cake.  This is normal.  At one point today I expected to find him sitting on top of the cabinet enjoying his cake, but PTL he didn't.

I get to go to Wal-Mart, BY MYSELF!!!  to get the food for tomorrow and get the balloons filled.  Since it is an Angry Bird theme we ordered a special angry bird helium balloon.  Get it filled and bring it home to get us in the party mood for tomorrow.  What happens? Of course they, being Ethan and Caleb, are playing with it letting it float in the hallway then grabbing it.  So, Ethan thinks, "Hmm, let's see what the fan will do to it."  Then not 15 minutes after having the balloon filled with helium, it is now deflating in our hallway with an irrepairable cut all the way through one side. Oh well, good thought anyway. 

Then, John gets home, dinner with his parents, and no I didn't set the grill on fire (Oh yeah, didn't have time to blog about that yesterday. But let's just say I thought Ethan was going to practice his Stop, Drop, and Roll in the living room due to all the smoke on the porch and then pouring into the house).  It's time to mow. Both boys decide to help and I get a few minutes by myself since Linley has helped me sweep and back in bed.  John gets finished mowing and what does he find in the garage? 3 dead kittens that must have been  underneath mower. Yeah, didn't see that one coming.  Of course, the boys have to go see and they are having this huge debate about the dead kittens.

And now, my husband walks back into the house with his shotgun.  We had three visitors: two dogs and a skunk.  So off John goes to get him, skunk I mean.  That mission failed but he did get to shoot the chicken snake.  I don't do snakes.  Or skunks. But really not snakes. 

So today has been an eventful day full of our spiritual journeys,  birthday bashing, and animal adventures.  It's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment