Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Linley doesn't get the memo that we sleep past 6 on holidays, and every day for that matter.  Our day began at 6 this morning with a very happy little girl squealing in her bed. As I'm laying there debating how long this can go on John mentions, "She's going to wake both boys up." I jumped out of the bed like a lightening bolt.  She was so happy to see me and I was so happy to be able to just breathe before the house got moving this morning.  Boy number one is up at 6:30 and then boy number two actually slept til 7:30.  Wow.  But, no wonder by the time I had some quiet time at 9 o'clock I already felt like it was nap time. Whew.  It's Memorial Day so we make American flags using glitter and construction paper. By the way, thank you to all the men and women who serve. Your sacrifices are appreciated. I'm surprised but the glitter didn't end up dumped in the floor. 

Since Caleb has turned three we are trying that trick of peer pressure, you know, ALL three year olds poop in the potty. It's just what they do.I didn't mention the fact to him that his brother pooped in his underwear until 3 years 9 months when he decided on his own that he was ready to poop in the potty.  "Mom, I'm done pooping in my underwear now. I'll poop in the potty," was Ethan's declaration on a Monday morning. Glad you decided on that Son.  Anyway, Caleb is not buying it. He told me when he gets as big as Ethan is when he will poop in the potty. You know what, that really doesn't work for me.   So, to go for this what happens but of course Caleb is walking around the house with no pants on. 
"Where is it?"
"In the bathroom."
"Did you touch it."
"No, I didn't."

So apparently he pooped in the bathroom in FRONT of the toilet. He's killing me.  My question was, "If you pooped in the bathroom why didn't you just poop on the potty?"  Oh no. That's not how we roll. 

Speaking of rolling, walking through the house and what do I find but green crepe paper strolled from the kitchen, through the hall, down to Linley's room.  Naturally I just go to pick it up and throw it away.  NO!!! My decorations!!!!  Really?

Finally, I can't take the house anymore and we have to go outside despite the fact that it's like 100 degrees  outside. So we put on swimming suits and it's time for some fun in the sun. But wait, all Caleb's swimming trunks have been pooped in so naturally what does he do?  Yes, if you drove by our house this afternoon you would have seen my children dumping Dawn on the slip-n-slide and a three year old running buck coasting down it.  I've got to run inside and make some bread so John stays outside with the kiddos. (Yes, for some reason I went all home-makery today and made San Francisco Sourdough bread and WOWZAH!!!) Anyway, I come back outside and what do I see but a naked three year old peeing in the pool and Ethan completely flipping. "MOM!!!! Caleb's peeing in the pool!!!" Great, so goes the discussion that we don't pee in pools.  It's time to wash off and they decide to wash each other off with the hose. Note to self: My five year old can run fast, even with a water-hose in hand.  His favorite part of the afternoon, chasing me with the hose and getting me wet.

A scrumptious meal and now my rule: you MUST GO OUTSIDE. Of course, they don't want to but a Mom must have her peace for a few minutes.  John has been working all day outside and has ended up with the cows so naturally we all go with him.  Now we are in the field and what is in the field, but of course, cow poop.  Being a five-year old, Ethan naturally doesn't see the massive, wet-cow pie in front of him and he steps in the thing.  He's wearing crocs. REALLY?  Not only do I deal with my children's poop, but now cow-poop.  He ends up getting it on his leg and really does try to wipe it off on me. Oh no.  I will do alot of things for my kids, but I refuse to let them wipe cow-poop on me.  He's a problem solver so he finds something else. 

Bathtime, one right after the other. 1. Linley 2. Ethan (washing cow poop and dust off) 3. Caleb-who thinks it's delicious water.  Caleb-does that water have a certain twang to it? 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment