Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Caleb!!

May 27th, 2009, the day Caleb was born. Ever since it has been a wild ride :)  I love you little man and the man you are going to be.  You are at the point in your life that everything you do I usually blog about just because it is so memorable.  The poop stories, mischieviousness (hello, did I spell that right, it's too early to think about), and altercations with your brother are just part of what makes you you.  You absolutely LOVE the dirt, and I mean that. I've never seen  a child enjoy something more. If there is a dirt pile you will find it.  You love all things manly: diggers, dirt, tractors, race cars, trains. YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR DADDY.

                                                       Prayer time at the party!

I believe there is no one else on earth you should emulate more.  You like to make us laugh, but you also have the bashful side, yes bashful sometimes.  You have a mean swing on the tball set. You are trying to be left-handed which scares me to death because I've never taught a lefty how to write.  You love painting, coloring, your big brother, and the outside. Somedays you eat a ton and then somedays I wonder how you have the energy to do anything.  You love fruit and LOVE to help me cook :) You are my independent boy. You throw a MEAN temper tantrum.  And I mean that.  You are so animated it cracks me up. I have been known to forget you were two this past year because you were mature and independent for two, but the tantrums reminded me. You love cats, scared to death of the cows, like insects.  You are trying to figure out who's the boss in the family.   Your favorite thing to talk about is poop and anything gross like that. Turning 3 is a hard age, you have just been waking up early instead of the middle of the night which I am so thankful.  You love sharing a room with Ethan, jumping on the bed, and making a complete mess.  Shoes are a serious challenge with you, I have chosen which battles to fight and which ones not to, shoes are not what I choose to lay down the iron fist on.  I'm your Sunday School teacher.  I love teaching you about Jesus and the Bible.  Pretty sure your love language is physical touch, thus why spankings aren't the best option for you. You love jumping and climbing all over me and Dad.  You are very thoughtful, you just told your sister "bless you" and you always say please and thank you. 



Your birthday (yesterday) for breakfast you wanted a popsicle, so of course you had that before anything. Then we made you a "3" on your pancake with M&M's, you ate all the M&M's left the pancake. You are so my son. Snappy's, of course, was your meal of choice for the day so we piled you, your brother, Katie, and Annalee in the back room to keep the natives calm and enclosed. We spent the day with family and you had a blast.  I'll leave out the poop stories for today since it was your birthday.  (Don't worry though Caleb, your brother was just as challenging even more so, I just didn't have a blog to write about it-ask Pops about Disney World with Ethan). Your birthday party, was of course, outside in the sprinklers and pools.  You ended up in the dirt :)  Your favorite part of the cake is the icing-Angry Birds cake :P  You hit the pinata with serious gusto and an "angry face" to match the pig.


 Once it was time for presents it took about 3 minutes. You went through them "lickedy split" and I'm entirely sure of who got you what.  You have even shared some with Ethan, wow, I'm impressed I must say. 

I love you Caleb. You have been an instrument to teach me to glean from God how to discipline and train you just because each child is different. You are going to be one amazing man of God one day.  You will make one woman incredibly blessed to have you for a husband.  I love you my Buddy Bear.  Happy 3rd Birthday!!  God has blessed us with you and we are so thankful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment