Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

I wouldn't change a thing, well, maybe ONE thing.

WARNING: if you don't like poop then you should not read this post. May gross some of you out, but this is life with a 5 year old, almost 3 year old, and 4 month old.

It all started at 12:45 A.M., the first go around with Linley this morning.  Poor thing, hungry with a cold.  Suctioned snot, fed, changed, back to bed we go.  5:00 A.M., round two with Linley again. John goes to work 6:15 A.M., boys up at 7:10 A.M.  My first question of the morning: "Did you go in your sisters' room?"  Better not wake that child up.

Before 8 A.M. dawns I already have one crying over some sort of Thomas the Train because they won't share and then big brother has had it and kicks Caleb. Ugh. Timeout before 8? Really?  Training and discipline do not wait until I've had my morning tea or devotional. 
I have to say, I was quite proud of myself during this training time because I told Ethan, "Now, if you feel like you have to kick something then come in your room and kick a pillow or your stuffed animal." Why yes, that did sound like an alternate to kicking Caleb.  My wisdom was then returned to me with, "Nah. It hurt my foot. Don't think I will again." I am glad. Blow my nose, 1 lb lighter, Ethan determines it looks like poop, sister's of course.

Linley is awake now, still haven't fed the boys but they won't eat until they are ready anyway so feed her and it's time to get ready for Bible study.  Hold on, there is Caleb and some sort of odor, yes, he has pooped. At least I hadn't changed him out of his nighttime diaper yet.  For potty training purposes the child pulls his cotton pjs back on minus underwear.  Oh well, least I won't have to clean that up later, I think.  It's now time to get ready for Bible study and we are off. 

Praise the Lord that we are building a new parking lot at church. I mean, what can make a boys' day any better than diggers, bulldozers, and rollers all in one place just for us to watch? I mean, really AWESOME!   Spent half of the Bible study outside watching the kids boldly run to the edge of dirt, scream at a digger, and run back to the concrete like that dozer was going to get them.  Honestly, it took some convincing Caleb to get out of the van at one point because that digger was going to "dig me." Playtime in the church while snack is going on and Caleb disappears...should have known.  Poop again, now in the underwear.  At least it's not under a chair in the sanctuary.  Off we go to the bathroom and where is the change of clothes? Where else but in the van? Oh well. Minus underwear again. 

Late, and I do mean late lunch, and once again, there goes Caleb off to the back porch. What is he doing? Probably going to check on those new kittens that the cat brought for us to see, how sweet? Well, he was being sweet and listening to my instructions on "No poop in the house," but he stripped off his pants, AGAIN, and left the poop on the back porch. Really?  At least it's not in the house on the floor.  A while later, I hear Ethan pretending to be a robot again, "I am PooPoo Bot," No son, you are not PooPoo Bot.  Discussions begin, "How did you poop in the potty with Linley in your belly?" Seriously, you are 5, how do you come up with that? "Why don't we say Butthole? I just scratched it?" Boys. 

Oh, forgot to mention, our goat had a mid-afternoon snack on our APPLE tree!!!  Ethan's question, "Mom, what are we screaming at?"  Hello, mutton anyone?

John's almost home so it's time to make supper, everyone wants to help. Safe rule of thumb in this house: ALWAYS WASH HANDS NO MATTER WHAT. It may seem like dirt, but cannot assume anything.  Taco bake, discussion over how gross it is, boys again, lettuce literally thrown in-great helpers, cheese sprinkled on-boys must then take their handfulls of shredded cheese and step out on the porch for their appetizer, I don't feel like sweeping right now.  Taco bake in the oven, praise the Lord John is home and Linley is no longer crying even though I didn't hear her due to the fact my head was so stopped up and the vent was going. 

Taco bake in the over so a few minutes to spare so we can pick up the yard for mowing. Ethan then says it in a tone I know well, "Mom." Oh great, I knew what it was. Poop. In . the. yard. I mean picking up your child's poop out of the yard. Come on. Don't judge, it will happen to you and you'll think, "I used to be that person who judged..."

Dinner a success, time to mow, Linley is fed and ready to go out with us, yard work begins and children are helping.  Ethan mows, Caleb locks himself in the house (yes, we were outside but we do have a spare somewhere...) because he's at the stage now that he is scared of the mower. I have to verbally tell Caleb how to unlock our door and convince him that yes, he can do it. He locked it, he can unlock it. Oh yeah, that's done, now come help me.  No thanks. Linley is in the stroller watching me weed and mulch, Caleb is running back and forth in the house and out from the mower, Ethan is asleep on the mower with Dad.

All of that done, it's time to jump.  Trampoline time. I'm mooned so many times I can't remember. Now, they both decide to take off their shirts so we have a naked 2 year old running around on the trampoline and big brother who doesn't think anything about it.  Oh dear, Linley is no longer entertained and is screaming. Up she goes. But wait, my nose is stopped up but I definitely smell something...Linley has pooped.  Here we go inside and it is all the way up her back.  Oh well, bath time anyway.

Boys are getting haircuts from Dad, suckers in hand, and out they go.  Whew, a minute of Dancing with the Stars.  Well, two minutes. 

Bathtime begins, hair everywhere.  Oldest is ready for bath. In comes Caleb, he's ready for bath.  Do you know what makes a really good facial on boys? Snot and dirt, great mud-facial.  Boys clean, Linley clean, new pj's, Linley is cackling at the brothers due to the fact they are acting like the "Rock Stars" on their new shirts, and it's time for snack and bed. 

Whew. I'm worn out.  What a day. The Lord has blessed our family with these kids, with an amazing husband. We've always wanted to be missionaries, and you know what? I have my own mission field right in my own house.   I wouldn't change a thing about it. Well, maybe one thing, picking up poop out of the yard is just gross. But then, this post wouldn't be near as memorable would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment