Total Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

It just keeps coming

Wow.  Poop just keeps coming. 

This morning was a productive start to our day. Worked-out, showered, fed Linley, started clothes washing then it begins.  In the basement doing Linley's laundry and I hear Caleb, "Mom I pooped." My response, just hold on a minute I'll be right there.  Then Ethan comes to the basement door: "MOM!! There is toilet paper all down the hallway!!!!!" What?  Seriously?  I'm in the basement for 3 minutes, can I please just get the laundry in the washer?  So, up I go and what do I find? Toilet paper, an entire roll, strung down the hallway and into the living room, the back door open, Caleb standing there with no pants on (of course), and Ethan standing there trying to fill me in on what's up.  So, first thing to run through my mind, "Where's the poop?" and "Is that toilet paper used?"  Oh, did I mention that I've got two of LInley's outfits in my hand dripping with water all the way through the hallway?  So, we make it to the bathroom, me-pantless Caleb-Ethan-wet clothes, while I'm trying to get Caleb cleaned up, hang up the clothes, Ethan screaming "I need my breakfast".  PTL Linley was napping at this moment.  Catastophe avoided, toilet paper in the trash, Caleb cleaned up, and off we go to make breakfast. 

Time for Bible study but Mammy is coming over to deliver some VBS stuff so the boys opt out of going.  Home from Bible study and everyone is ready to go visit their friends for the afternoon. However, you MUST eat before we go.  So, dill pickle sandwich for Ethan (he made up that sandwich), and more chocolate chip muffins for Caleb and he agrees to pb&j. May I mention here that in order to eat dinner tonight I had to clear off the table which consisted of a pb&j that did not have one bite out of it.  Ugh.  Mammy found Caleb's blanket in the backseat. He decided he needed to wash it so where does he go but to the sand/water table. It rained last night so it's really full. But, not justrainwater, apparently big brother peed in it this morning.  So, Caleb is carrying his wet blanket around that has been washed in pee water. Oh, another side note...with this same water table they were also shooting their water guns...and Caleb drinks it.  Yummy. Now, off all of us go to our friends house. 

Home again and now it's time for a meltdown. Caleb is just so tired that after a complete and utter fallout the child finally gets it together (after some lovely training from Mom).  Now we're making pies and Ethan cannot keep his spoon out of the bowl. I really don't think that pecan pie batter tastes very good, but Ethan loves it.  So, pecan pies in the oven, dinner is ready, John comes home, meal delivered for friends, and it's time for us to eat. The table is set and we're trying to round up the natives and what do we hear "Mom, I pooped." Are you stinking kidding me? How many times is this kid going to poop today?  So, off we go again to the bathroom. Now, his he has it on his fingers because his bottom hurt. So pooped off the rear and off the fingers. Yummy to think about for meal time huh? 

Dinner is complete, pie/icecream eaten and the boys are off outside with Dad. PTL for a man who loves his boys enough and me enough to get them out of the house so I can clean up. So, as I'm cleaning up the dishes I see John pointing to the house.  And then what do I see? Caleb, AGAIN, with no pants on carrying them. ARE YOU SERIOUS???????  So finally, I just tell the boy. "Look, just put your shoes back on and go back outside without any pants." His reply, "Ummm, ok."  But then he thinks better of it, "Wipe my butt.  Daddy say I have stinky butt."  Nice. I guess since John was letting them help him move the animals with the lawnmower I can see how he wouldn't want a poopey butt on him. So, that done off he goes outside, wearing a pullup.  Surprisinly, no more poop tonight. But, John did till up the garden tonight. It was the boys' heaven.  Nothing like soft tilled up dirt to run naked through.  It was too cool til the cat pooped in one end of it and Caleb eventually ran right over the top of that.  He didn't care of course, I did.  I don't think I've seen dirtier boys and they couldn't have been happier.  I tried to hose them down before bath but too cold water so the tub, being white, was a nice shade of dirt brown. 

Now, to end the evening what happens?  Our turkey's are starting to hatch out of their eggs.  Science lesson and God's creation in our own basement.  We could even hear one of them chirping and as we talked they would start pecking on the shells.  You could see them rolling some. It was awesome. 

So, our life was pretty crazy today, full of poop, but hey, it was memorable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment