Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

New use for plunger

What a week this has been.  Two t-ball games, a flat tire, VBS at my m-i-l's church, Bible Study group, a sick grandmother who has now landed in the hospital after an extremely long journey that would wear the fittest person out not the least a 91 year old woman.  In the midst of this chaos, which is an understatement, today the boys have made me laugh more times than I can count. 

VBS today. I forgot the pacifier for Linley. Praise the Lord for one of the grandma's who lived near the church, Linley now has a blue pacifier.  Caleb had a rough time so he sat through music twice with me and  Bible study twice with Mrs. Jeanne.

Servall visited today. Our bug sprayer lady tells me she arrives to seeing Caleb peeing off the back porch.  Nice.  But, it gets better. He, of course, is outside.  I hear him so I walk out and what do I see? Caleb, pantless, on the back porch.  We have Servall here and my child has pooped outside in the yard again with no pants on and poop on his leg.  I try to be slick and get it/him cleaned up before she notices but I meet her at the back with poop in my hand...  at least he did have his pants on.

I tried making sourdough bread. Notice the word "tried."  After working the bread I set it out. When I go to retrieve the bread from the window sill (sitting in the sun to rise) I see Caleb in the front yard with his new toy.  The plunger. What is he doing with it? Plunging himself, then pretending to use it as a telescope, then he throws it over his shoulder like he's carrying his sword.  I walk to the kitchen to put the bread in and I see Caleb now running in the backyard. Oh how sweet! But wait, he is chasing one of the momma cat's...with the plunger.  He later tells me he is getting that "bad cat." 

John is home and oh how proud I am of that sourdough bread to go with dinner tonight. Ethan takes a bite and what does he say, "That bread is NASTY!"  Very politely John says he likes the other recipe better. Yeah, me too. That sour dough bread that I started working on last night is now chicken food. 

The boys decided to be bowling balls and then made up their own pins- stuffed animals and a bop bag.  One would stand by the pins screaming, "On your mark, get set, GO!" Then the other would race from the bathroom down the hallway and crash into the pins.  That was so much fun. 

Just a note-the plunger was an extra we had outside, at least not from the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment