Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Blessings

Wow.  God has blessed us with a lot of things this Father's Day.

Tried to let John sleep in this morning and get breakfast made and tend to the animals and get us all ready for church.  Well, that all didn't happen but we did end up at church earlier than normal and the boys' hair was brushed. However, I have to note that before John even got up I already had one in timeout, a threat to completely ban Thomas the trains for an entire week, a baby fed, breakfast almost done, a wet head, and the animals not fed. Ugh.  Gallant effort, sometimes I set unrealistic goals though.

Made it to eat Los Portales with the family with two grumpy boys-both who fell asleep on the way to the restaurant which made for peachy attitudes when we woke them up to go into a crowded area. Did I mention Linley slept through all of it, at least most of it despite her brothers?  In the car I now have a new rule: DO NOT TOUCH YOUR SISTER IF SHE IS SLEEPING.  Their logic "She doesn't wake up anyway." My logic, "You just woke her up."  She even slept at the restaurant, until Caleb, who managed to take his blanky into the Mexican restaurant (guess he wants to be able to smell it later) and whack her in the head with it and wake her up. He wanted her to wake up and celebrate :)

Betsy (my twin sis), Matt (her hubs), and the girls are here for the weekend so we went over to Mams and Pops' house.  Even though Dad wasn't feeling too well he put up with all the screaming, running, door slamming, and whining. 
Made it to Mammy and Pappy's house for banana ice cream.  Now, I can tell you for sure Ethan is my child. Mammy had homemade ice cream and what does Ethan want to do and actually whines about?  Eating ice cream before dinner. Really, does he actually think I will agree to that? I mean, I will do that for myself, but my children? Come on, I have to show self-control on their behalf!   Now, John has been fighting a headache all day so he goes down for the count at their house. I get Linley, fed, everyone bathed, wake John up to go home, and we finally make it there after much, and I do mean much whining. 

At home, John disappears for what turns into one of his worst headaches he's ever had and now three children have to be put to bed plus the animals all decided to drink all of their water today so tending to the animals must be done as well. 30 minutes later, cats fed/watered, chickens/turkeys fed/watered, cows/goats fed/watered, and now we have a screaming baby who is ready to get to bed. I get her changed and I notice something about her diaper, "when did this size two diaper get so monstrous?"  Oh well, just tighten it up and off to bed.  Time to put the boys' to bed and where is Caleb's overnight size 6 diaper? Oh wait, no wonder Linley's diaper was so big on her... it was CALEB's!!!!!  Duh, get that changed and Linley in bed. Now, Ethan can't find his blanky.  After much searching I call Mammy. Yep, it's in Fulton at their house.  Can we go get it tonight?  No, Son, we cannot go get it tonight. Finally, everyone is in bed, the house is quiet, saying prayers that John feels better, that Linley actually sleeps despite the fact she only drank half of her bottle before bed, and Ethan's blanket is MIA. 

We survived. So thankful to God for the blessings He's given us.   Yes, there is whining, yes it is crazy, yes it is wild, but man, so many blessings from Him on this Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to John. Our children are blessed beyond measure as am I to have that man in our life who adores his children, trains them up, and truly is my partner in everything we do. Happy Father's Day to my dad too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment