Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ha ha you stuck in there

As you can imagine, this is one of those days with a three year old boy who is sewing some wild oats for sure.  Of course,an older brother to ag things on and then a little sister to make him jealous sometime all add up to a very eventful day. 

Morning:  I'm on the stairclimber briefly talking to my MIL trying to work out going to see my grandmother in the hospital (say a prayer for her while you read this if you don't mind).  Caleb has been up before 7 and now needs more "warm milk." So, since I'm not paying close attention to him and getting off my stairclimber what does the child do? He chunks his sippee cup at me and screams.  Oh no you didn't.  Time out before 7:15 in the morning.

Mammy gets here so I can go visit my grandmother in the hospital.  Before I go I'm tending to our newly hatched turkeys.  They are in the back  shed.  Caleb is in there with me petting them while I'm feeding and watering them. All of a sudden the door is closed and I don't think anything about it. I go to walk out and I hear "Ha ha. You stuck in there Mama."  Did I mention that it is already mid-80's by this point of the day?  So my threat, "Caleb Thomas Cole if you do not open this door right now you are in BIG trouble!" His reply as he is unlocking the door, " I caaannnn't."  Open door.  I start in on my lecture, "Caleb, you NEVER lock anyone in this shed."  Did I mention we had been playing guns all morning with the nerf guns so he's carrying it around?  He looks at me, gun in hand and pretends to shoot me. Nice. Side note-I had my cell with me, and this shed could be taken down by a few good kicks and a 2 X 4, plus you can see through the slats in the shed,  the lock being a piece of wood on a nail.

Caleb poops for Mammy two times while I'm gone. Hey, at least I'm gone.

Home from the hospital and the afternoon begins.  A brief animal dvd for some much needed quiet time and then here comes Caleb, pantless again. "Mom I pooped." Great, get him cleaned up and it's time for us to go outside to play. Enter Ethan. "Mom, guess what's on the porch?" Can you guess?  I open the back door and there is my gift waiting for me. Mercy, how much can one kid poop in a day?

Did I mention that my Bible study this week is having a positive attitude no matter what the situation? Enter Bible study in action. Tball practice outside along with "workers" as they call it. Think PigPen from Peanuts. Now it's time to go in, cool off, get ready for t-ball.  I hear the famous whine, "I need more warm miiiillllkkkk." No.  Sorry kid, but you've had like 7 cups so far. No.  Meltdown ensues.  Instruction from me, get to your room if you're going to meltdown. 30 minutes later, a baby woke up by the fit, a bottle, and a resting 5 year old and he can finally come out of his room because he's done with the fit. But wait, he can't come out of his room-he's asleep.    Really?

A t-ball game where big brother's team gets runner-up and only a minor meltdown at the game and we made it through our day. Somedays it really is survival of the fittest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment