Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Frazzled Female

At our church we've been doing a Bible study on the "Frazzled Female." I'm pretty sure God had me in mind.

Went for a morning run before everyone got up. So peaceful outside, me and my love/hate relationship with running was at full force, but I finished.
Enter house-6:40 A.M.-Mickey Mouse already on, one boy already up, baby crying in the monitor.
Got the baby fed and Caleb wants to go out so we go ahead. It's 7:15. Tend to the animals, put Linley in the stroller, water the melons and pumpkins; green beans need to be picked.  Ethan comes outside and finds me in the garden.  We spend a while outside and everyone is pretty content, then Linley gets upset so Ethan pushes her over to me in the garden.   Linley crying and Ethan singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  Sweetest. Thing. Ever.

It's time to go in, get her back in bed, get the boys fed.  My craziness ensues. Eat that frog, a book I've read about doing the things that you have to get done that you put off, was my morning. I ate lots of frogs. 

Poop in the underwear of course, must deal with that.  Linley wakes up from a nap early because of a dirty diaper. More poop. 

It's time for one of our dear friends' birthday party at the local yogurt shop. Note: I didn't feed the boys lunch before we went.  Ethan made his own creation of frozen yogurt  while Caleb filled his cup (barely anything) with gummies, sour worms, and cereal. Odd but he was perfectly content.  Yogurt eaten now it's time for cupcakes.  All the boys are hanging out in the "cool area" that consists of black leather furniture. My two take up residence in the couch.  Ethan and Caleb need help taking the wrapper off of their cupcakes, Linley wants yellow icing so dips her finger in it while I'm trying to get it off.  Sugar hits. Ethan decides that it would be so much fun to roll over the couch.  I'm dealing with Linley when I hear, "Uh oh Mom." I turn and look and what do I see? Ethan, standing with his back to me, a yellow cupcake stuck neatly to his back. He had rolled right over Caleb's delicious cupcake.  Did that really just happen? I mean, come on, can you plan something like that? I just wish I had a camera.  Cupcake off of Ethan's back, now it's time open the presents.  My boys are having trouble paying attention, they are all over each other in one of the chairs while Linley thinks that because her brothers are being so loud she needs to participate so she is screaming at the top of her lungs (happy screaming).  Hearing myself say in an ice cream parlor: "Get off the top of your brother," and "Caleb, gets your hands out of your pants," are once again sayings that teach me lessons in humility; not to mention the big yellow circle on the back of Ethan's shirt.

Head home and all four of the grandparents end up at our house today. It's canning time.  I'm busy putting up spaghetti sauce when Caleb comes in the kitchen, "Mom, I pooped." Here we go AGAIN.  How many times can the kid poop in one day? "Hold on. Go to the bathroom and I'll be there in a second." After just a minute or so of coming to a stopping point I head to the bathroom. I walk into the hallway and what do I see? A trail of toilet paper still on the roll connected from the bathroom all the way down the hall.  Frazzled Female could have said in a nicer tone but did not fly completely off the handle: "Roll it all back up." I get him cleaned up again.  At this poop I think I just threw him in the tub.  I can't remember which one today.   On his leg, in the floor, on the rug, they all just seem to run together.  It was at this point that the threats come out.  I think he may spend a lot of time practicing on the potty tomorrow. 

John's home, supper is on the table. Yummy: blt's fresh from our garden tomatoes, homemade potato salad,  green peppers, potato chips. Caleb's dinner consisited of potato chips and lettuce in ranch. He did eat one piece of bacon. 

It's time to go outside. The boys end up in the pool. We just purchased an above ground pool for them.  Linley's fussing so I get to put her to sleep and grab a few minutes peace and quiet in the house to sew. Apparently during this swimming episode Caleb gets chocked on water and vomits up the lettuce.  This makes Ethan take a walk on memory lane from the time we were at the beach. He chocked and threw up sausage so he tells Caleb.  Delicious.

Linley is now in the tub when the wild indians come into the house. Her eyes were enormous. I wonder what she is thinking when it's all peaceful then all of a sudden you hear what sounds like elephants running through a china shop?  John gets to feed her and I bathe the boys.  I walk in and they are playing so well together. Wow, that is so nice.  Then I hear the conversation:
Ethan with army man: "Ohhh, I'm going to throw up!!!!!!!!!!" Pooting sounds come from his mouth and the army man dives into the water.
Caleb with plastic tiger: "Ohhhh. I'm going to throw up!!!!!" Pooting sounds come from his mouth and his tiger dives into the water.
Now we have a nice conversation that when you throw up you don't have pooting sounds come out of your mouth.  Ethan determines that this throw up was coming out of the other end. Nice. 

Hurry, bedtime coming and they want snacks. I guess all that throw up talk.  Bedtime early.  PTL.

No comments:

Post a Comment