Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bathroom etiquette in the Cole household

A few things I've learned for bathroom etiquette.

1. Never, I mean never, use anything that has not been in the towel closet.  For instance, I caught Caleb in the bathroom, wiping, using MY towel that I hang up after a shower.  Did I mention that I reuse my towels after a shower usually once? Yeah, that makes a nice thought. Wiping my face with my nice towel that Caleb used to wipe his rear. Yes, NEVER reuse a towel again.

2. Always check the lid.  You may fall in, and if you may fall in, it probably has pee in it. Yes, screaming is usually involved.

3. If it is wet, even if it's in the sink, don't assume that it's from the water in the sink. Yesterday, Linley was so upset and would not stop crying. I took her to the bathroom, took care of morning business, went to wash my hands and my hairband was in it.  I pick it up and hang it on a door knob when Linley all of a sudden quits crying and starts cracking up giggling.
  I ask her what?
 and she replies: "I pretended it was dirty. And washed it. In the TOILET." giggle giggle giggle.
  Me: You washed it in the toilet?
Linley, giggling all the more now. "Yep." In her deep voice.
Me: So I guess you pulled it out with your hands huh?
Linley: Uh huh.
Yes, so this explains ALL of the water ON the toilet, ON the floor, and ON the sink.  No use pretending that it's sink water. We all know what she did.  But, I'm still not letting myself dwell on the fact that she washed my hairband in the toilet, which could possibly have had urine in it, and then put it in the sink, with water all over the entire bathroom. Just. Not. Going. There.

Lessons in bathroom etiquette at the Cole's: If you personally did not get it out of the linen closet, well, then, it's your own fault.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for nice tips. Checking the lid is the first thing I always do. Yeah, they are disgusting sometimes.
    David
    http://davidjsalmon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete