Total Pageviews

Friday, May 1, 2015

Ethan's 8

Ethan just turned 8 on April 1st. So, as usual, here is the top 8 things I love about you Ethan!
1. Your fun.
You make me laugh, and you are filled with joy.  You dance around the house, make funny noises, and play jokes all the time.  You are fun to be around!
2. Your faith and wisdom. Sometimes, it blows me away.  In December I heard you stop and pray in the kitchen after breakfast.  When I asked you what you were doing you told me, "Well, we're supposed to start our day talking to God." Yes, son. Amen.  Your name means "wise" and that you are in so many ways.
3. Your perfectionism. Now this one does make it hard on mom and dad sometimes. But, God has made you detail oriented for a purpose and I appreciate it.  God is going to use you to do mighty things with it.
4. Your empathy and compassion.  Boy, you are one the most compassionate people I know. Truly.  And you show it constantly (Though sometimes it is stretched thin with Caleb).   You are constantly encouraging others, showing compassion for them, and are so understanding.  God is going to use that to bring people to Him.
5. Your gentleness. You aren't very aggressive which can sometimes go against you in this world, but God has made you that way...and I appreciate it as well as others around you.
6. Your love your siblings and they love you.  Linley Claire wants to play anything with you, and you will normally stop what you are doing to do it with her.  She loves you.
7. You love. You love everyone.  You especially Abigail, you can't handle it when she cries. You've even started going and getting her out of her crib when she starts crying and bring her to me. I really don't want to watch how you do that, but you do and she loves it. God is love.  You are going to be an awesome Daddy and husband one day.
8. You are responsible.  I trust you.  I can depend on you. Yes, you are 8, but I trust you to make good judgement calls and good moral calls.

It's been some rough spots this year you getting closer to being in the tween stage.  Some hard lessons are being learned especially about friends and fitting in. But here's what counts: God has made you,do your best and work for the Lord. Follow the straight and narrow despite the people around you and in the end, you will have for yourself treasure in Heaven. Being different is okay, it's actually pretty cool. Jesus was.

No comments:

Post a Comment