Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Aunt Betsy's

Well, I can tell I say that alot because my 3 year old says it alot.  So, well, road trip. With Mams, with me and 4 kids.  Can I just say how awesome this was, let me tell you. I'm sure Mams won't be forgetting it very soon.

Hubby was at a work conference so I decide to load up all 4 kids and Mams and head to Betsy's house 3 1/2 hours away. Goal to leave: 6:30 AM. Left: 6:37 AM.  Yes. I woke up the cows this morning by watering them at before the sun woke everyone up good.  Considering I had a baby to feed and 3 other kids to feed, we did well to leave 7 minutes late.  But, Linley. Linley Linley Linley.  She is now potty trained.  And strong willed.  And has a pattern. She only goes to the potty in the morning well after she has been up for a while. Needless to say, 15 minutes did not give us that luxury.

So, with 4 kids, me, and a Grandma in the van plus enough snacks to feed Fort Knox and a pink potty chair we head to Sister's house.  We made it 30 minutes. 30 minutes. Before we had to stop ON THE SIDE OF THE PARKWAY and Linley has to go.   Now, we didn't make it to an exit because she is crying because she has to pee so bad.  So, at 7:10 AM we pull over, I unload the potty chair and plan to set it in the grass, BUT WAIT, the grass has not been mowed this season as best I can tell because there is NO WAY I'm going in grass that tall much less putting a potty chair in the middle of it. So, I do what only could be done, sit the potty chair right behind the van, closest to the grass as I could.  Both boys now decide to hop out and pee too. So, if you were one of the truckers driving by at 7:10 that morning you would have seen 1. A pink potty chair with a 3 year old sitting on it in the emergency lane, 2 boys peeing on the side of the road, and 3. A Grandmother shaking her head.

After everyone has successfully used the bathroom, dumped the potty chair, and buckled back in their car seats we are now back on the road.

Can I say that this happened AGAIN on the way  home? And, on this last stop I had to feed the baby and the boys had to get out and pee again. And a state trooper and sherriff sat there and watched us for 20 minutes and never stopped to ask us if we were okay. Let me tell you dear Community Helper, best to stay away.  
 And the baby cried for 2 hours on the drive home.  Valium please anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment