Total Pageviews

Friday, May 22, 2015

Pride

Well, if you are reading this you probably have an issue with pride. I mean, fess up, we all have it.  If you are a parent, I know you have it...otherwise God would not have given you children.  I have determined that I must have had a heart issue of pride, or God would not have placed these bundles of joy with me and completely make me eat humble pie constantly.  Privately, with the other children around, in front of my husband, and specifically this week in full view of everyone at the ballfields.

For instance:
1. Caleb is playing t-ball. Can I say one thing? Bless it.  I mean really, t-ball. I remember Ethan playing t-ball and I was so stressed. Now here is Caleb, and well, I can't really be stressed.  BECAUSE;  Caleb playing hind-catcher the other night with you know, about 30 parents and various assorted children watching. When, the ENTIRE inning, he proceeds to dig in his buttcheecks.  And let me tell you, this what not a discreet scratch, this was a searching for gold kind of scratch the FULL inning. And of course, grandparents are here watching, Ethan yells at him for support: Quit scratching your butt Caleb!. What can a parent do? I mean really? After telling him discreetly and giving him the "I'm going to kill you with my eyes" look which got a little giggle from him and a finger pointing at me, I make a bee-line to hubby in the dugout to PLEASE MOVE HIM TO OUTFIELD. He can't do that, he doesn't control the positions. Praise the Lord the game was over after that.
2. Ethan is playing machine-pitch baseball.  He is going through some sort of thing where he has to know where we are at all times.  Yes, I'm sorry son, I was like this as a child.  So, the other night I was home with sick Abigail and John was at the fields.  The game goes on for an extra-inning so John stands up just to stretch his legs. What do you think happens but the boy starts squalling like a baby. Literally, sobbing, on the field, surrounded by teammates and coaches. Poor Coach, he didn't know what was up and when Ethan saw John he calmed down. He just loves us, what can I say?
3. Tonight Caleb had a double header.  Getting to the fields consisted of this:  Abigail is ticked because she decided naps were not a necessity today at Mams and Pops' house, Linley is screaming because she didn't like the pants she was wearing, Caleb is being yelled at because he can't find his hat and for some reason his shoe is bothering him and he runs out of the house with a shoe in his hand. 3 out of 4.  So we make it to the fields, game 1 is in the books with just a fussy Abigail. Then comes game 2. Oh game 2.  Pride must have been an issue with game 1 (hey, he didn't dig his rear the whole time), so game 2 I must have needed humble pie. Enter Caleb practicing swinging to get up to bat, 5 feet in front of me, when you hear one of the loudest toots ever.  He turns, giggles to the other teammate who DEFINITELY heard it, then he notices that a group of 3 teenage girls, a Mom, me and Granddad all heard it.  The giggles get going by everyone in the stands. He turns around, looks at those teenage girls, and tells them to "Quit laughing."  Which ends up making it worse so more laughing.  Please, my head is in the sand now.
Linley is bored so she dumps the shoes. Then, it gets better.  Linley decides she wants to play in a water hole. But wait, it hasn't rained in a couple days. So, she dumps her Sprite on the ground, and proceeds to jump in the Sprite barefooted right next to the dugout.

Resourceful.
Oh, it can't stop there.
Abigail is screaming so we are leaving.  Then Linley decides that her pants are dirty. So, what does she do right beside her granddad? TAKE THEM OFF. Right there for all the world to see.  Yes, she was wearing a dress so we could go with it, but getting them off, well, Pappy saw a full moon tonight and it was not the one rotating the Earth.
So, Pride, well there you have it.  For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Galatians 6:3. 

Oh yall, to give you a heads up, there was another incident that was so embarrassing that I will not write it on here. My kids will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment