Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The End of the World as we know it.

Today has been a great day in the Cole household.  We have had several mishaps, of course, and some laugh out loud graceful moments put on by me.  There are a few moments that I have just can't stop singing the song, "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!!"  Of course,  for Caleb and Linley they didn't feel fine.  So, here are a few of their moments today ending with the laughter of the day.

Relaxing day at the Cole house, raining outside, doing much of nothing inside. I'm sewing, Linley comes and sits in my lap and starts to chew on my arm. Yes, she is 15 months. I say, "No Linley, don't chew on Mommy's arm."  Insert song: It's the end of the world as we know it.  You would have thought I flogged her, poor thing.  She goes into a wail and flails herself out of my lap onto the hardwood. 

Caleb is having a hard time transititioning to actually getting out of his pajamas to go to the warehouse.  He's in his room for timeout for something to do with that and he's crying for "warm milk". Bless him, he's 3 and he has to have warm milk.  So, I get him his warm milk from this morning (it's not even 11 am yet) that he hadn't finished.  It wasn't enough according to him, so what does my son do? Shake his sippy cup all over the room screaming it's not enough.  "It's the End of the world as we know it."   Oh no no no no no you didn't just do that.  Good bye warm milk.  "It's the End of the World as we know it."

Linley is playing with my cell phone. She throws it in the floor because apparently it didn't do as she wanted.  Good bye cell phone.  "It's the End of the world as we know it." 

Caleb has to get dressed to go to Jackson and actually look presentable and wear (dum dum dummmm) SHOES!  "It's the end of the World as we know it!" 

Those are just four of the incidents today.  One day, I think I'm going to throw a fit. 

Tonight we go to Jackson.  We really had so much fun. The kids actually acted civilized at Cheddar's, no one fell apart accept for a minor incident with Linley but overall it was great.  Then we head to Toy's R Us for Ethan's birthday bicycle that he is getting and the spending of two twenty dollar gift cards that they got at Christmas.  Yes, that was almost five months ago. But hey, we don't live too close to  a Toys R Us and they thought it was more than awesome to go to the store and pick out a toy for a Christmas gift.  I think I need to start saving those for halfway through the year from now on.  Now, they actually play with what they got!  What seems like forever we finally get the correct bike and get toys picked out and head to Maggie Moos. 

I'm sure that the fraternity that was there watching everything go down truly got a show.  The boys pick out the brightest blue ice cream I have ever seen in my life.  I, of course, get my usual cake batter with cookie dough and hot fudge. John gets his banana with reeses. I'm holding Linley, passing out ice cream to the boys, and trying to eat my ice cream before it melts out of the cup. Linley didn't have enough patience for me so naturally she tries to start digging in.  Now, we have hot fudge on her and we haven't even paid yet.  I'm trying to feed her to keep her out of it,  Caleb is having issues with his neon ice cream because it's melting so fast and getting him dirty. I'm trying to find napkins for Linley and Caleb before we even make it out of line.  Then, while trying to keep my ice cream from going out, I drop some on Caleb's arm and on the floor. Caleb is talking nonstop asking for napkins all the while Ethan is trying to find us a place to sit down.  We get paid and head out the door and we don't make it ten steps before Caleb just puts his ice cream down on a table and is fixing to melt down on me because he is sticky.  We get to the car, I get Caleb's ice cream set down, get the wipes out, get the blue off (did I mention I'm still holding Linley here and trying to feed her and me with melting ice cream?). Now, Caleb decides he's done with the ice cream (three bites into it) and Linley is such an ice cream hogger that John asks me, "Are you already done?" Yes, I shared but I got all the cookie dough :)  John gets Caleb settled and threatens no more ice cream for him, ever, so he gets it back up and starts eating again after John dumped half of it on the ground so he doesn't get sticky.  Ethan, bless him, is an innocent bystander in all this asking for Caleb's uneaten ice cream because he ate all of his.  Linley then mooches off of John, Caleb is done, Ethan is done, neon ice cream on the parking place and on the van.  That was about as relaxing as getting your legs waxed.  But, it was yummy. 

Now, onto the funny parts:
Picture this: John asking me, "What are you doing?"
1.  Dancing. Duh.  It's Alvin and the Chipmunks on the dvd player 
2.  Singing Alving and the chipmunks, "I told the witch doctor I was in love with you and he said, Ooh Eee Ooh ah aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......." I slipped arms first followed by the rest of me when plugging up the drain in the bathtub for LC.
3.  Trying to get LC in the tub, not paying attention that I am one female verses three males in the bathroom, someone left the lid up, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Mental note: always check the toilet seat even though multitasking. 

It's the End of the World as we know it and I feel fine!!!!  And blessed, what a wonderful day and wonderful family to share it with.  My husband has my utmost respect, he puts up with all the madness and mayhem and never complains or calls us completely crazy.  Thank You God for your blessings!!  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, Tori and true every word, I'm sure. Enjoy these days. They go away quickly. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete