Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

Ethan is 6!

Holy cow. I am the mother of a six year old. 

Recap: 6 years ago today we were watching the NCAA tournament and then I thought I was getting the stomach bug. Yes, I was that naive.  Even though it was the day of my due date I still never dreamed I was going to have a baby. I should have figured something was up when we were walking around our neighborhood at 10:30 PM because I was feeling so bad.  Anyway,  after around 12 hours of labor, the beginning rough but after I got my "Drugs" we were good to go. 

Since then Ethan, you have been nothing but a blessing in our lives.  So, since you are six today I thought of six things that I love about you! Here they are:

1. You are caring.  God put you as a big brother for a purpose. The way you care for your sister and brother is really amazing to watch.  If you are around, I don't really worry much because I know you are there caring for them. 
2. You are unselfish.  This is normal for you, you give in to your sister and Caleb constantly.  I caught you the other day in line at games in AWANA letting a little boy in front of you in line just because they were sad they were the last one in line.  You didn't care and let him in front of you.
3. You are funny.  Literally, I laugh with you all the time.  You are getting very sneaky as a little boy and playing all kinds of games on me.  I have to constantly watch out, you put a plastic snake under my pillow one night and after you went to bed I found it!! You little Stink :P  Your dance moves are just plain awesome!
4.  You are thoughtful.  You always ask me if I want some of your drink or some of your candy. 
5.  You are sensitive to God.  You and Caleb are always discussing Bible theology which is very insightful.  Your faith is something I know God loves.  God is loving, He cares for us and that's that. It's very simple for you and I love it.   
6. You are truthful.  You always tell me what really happens no matter if it's your fault or not.  You even admit to me when you've lied.  Plus, you are always there to tell me what Caleb "really did." 

Homeschooling this year has been full of fun and moments of craziness.  You are your daddy made over. You work so hard and have very high expectations of yourself.  You are like me that you are goal oriented.  You have a goal and you work until you get it.  I am so happy to be your mom and you are such a blessing to our family. We love you Baby Bear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment