Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New days

Linley is now 15 months old as of April 9th.  I had this post on that actual day but accidently deleted it so here we go again.

Linley is a very independent little girl.  I call her my wanderer.  She likes to investigate everything.  Pick u everything, throw away everything, stash everything. I have recently found pacifiers in a box of cereal, in the pots and pans. She is pretty good at being a parrot now.  She will repeat almost everything you say and she is all about voicing what she thinks no matter if you understand or not.  Apparently she sticks up for herself as well. This week in Sunday School a little boy took her toy.  Linley didn't cry, no, she got up and whopped him on the head and then walked off.  Yes, she has two older brothers.   She is tough as nails. Fell at the nursery and has a huge bump and bleeding, never even cried. Then, five minutes later took a soccerball to the belly, knocked her down. She cried on that one though.  Bless her.  She has also found the mudhole: I literally had to pull the shoes out of the mud due to the suction.

Ethan has now started riding his bike without training wheels. Sometimes peer pressure is a good thing: two other friends at church did this so he said, "Well, I guess we'll try it." It only took 5 minutes and he got it down pat.  He's everywhere now.

Funny story:
Linley napping, the boys deciding to get wild, I have to run on the treadmill getting ready for the half-marathon.  I tell the boys they have two options-play quietly inside or head outside (70+ degrees out).  Of course, they head outside.  I'm on the treadmill and watching what's going on outside, I see the waterhose being moved.  Here comes Ethan to tell me Caleb has sprayed the house and him. My response: clean the house, not your brother.  Ethan leaves. Ethan returns: Caleb is butt-naked.  My response: So.  Ethan: Can I?  Me: Yes.  Notice the differences between first and second born: Second born acts and never asks. First born always asks first.   Finish my run and go stand on the porch and watch what has occurred.  Two naked boys, a waterhose, and a trampoline, lots of giggling.  Yes, I got pictures.  Caleb is my helper these days. Feeding the dog, watering the animlas, whatever we need he likes to help!


It's always wild here, usually fun, Amazingly blessed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment