Total Pageviews

Friday, September 27, 2013

It went flying

Today, it literally just went flying.

We made it to dinner tonight.  Our favorite Mexican restaurant and Linley screamed basically the entire time.  She emptied the sweeteners, salted her chips numerous times, and basically did a toddler fit.  After John and I took our turns taking her out it was time to leave. The boys helped clean up all the sweeteners off the floor and so earned a quarter for the sucker at the end of the meal.  Excited and joyful are two words to describe them. As we are waiting in line to pay, they are so happy that they are just swinging their arms around chatting about their suckers they are fixing to get.

Slow motion begins: Caleb swings his arm, pops Ethan in the mouth with his fist, something goes flying, Ethan grabs his mouth, my face has  a look of utter terror.  Now, in the floor of the Mexican restaurant is Ethan's front tooth.  I look at Ethan, "Is that your tooth on the floor?"  Seriously, I thought the college kid in front of us was fixing to flip out.  Ethan, just stands there holding his mouth.  He has to get that tooth off the floor, quick.  "Ethan, pick up your tooth off the floor."
 I turn to Caleb: "Caleb, you just knocked Ethan's tooth out!" Starting in on my lecture how we're not to hit one another.
 Caleb responds as only Caleb would:  Both arms go up in the air and he shouts "YES!!!"  Um, not the reaction I was looking for.
The college kid in front of me nearly hit the floor laughing on that one.
"Caleb, tell Ethan you are sorry for hitting him in the mouth."
Caleb offers a quick sorry and now I am holding the tooth in my hand trying to pay for dinner as the boys rush out to the van to tell John what all happened.

Now, Ethan is the snaggle-toothed boy.  And it's adorable.



We had an evening of fun by then hitting the volleyball game and it was great.  When we get home, Caleb informs me: Mom, I hit Ethan's tooth out so he would buy us a .... I don't even remember what it was. But, since he thinks he played such an integral role in getting Ethan's tooth out that Ethan should use his tooth fairy money and buy THEM a toy.  I don't know how that will fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment