Total Pageviews

Friday, October 4, 2013

Another day with the Cole's

Just everyday happenings:

Yesterday we had steaks for dinner.  Our homegrown beef from our farm.

Caleb, laughingly to himself, "I'm eating Spot's peepee.hhehehehehehe"
Me: No you are not eating his peepee. We don't talk about that at the table.
Ethan: What did they do with his peepee?
John: They threw it away.
Ethan: How did they get it off? Did they shoot him or use a knife?
John: They killed him and then took off his hide.  We don't eat peepee's.

Monday: Ethan had one tooth hanging in there in the front after Caleb knocked out the other.  Picture Nanny McPhee here.  Friends were over playing and jumping on the trampoline. All of a sudden they all 5 walk in, Ethan with his head down.

Me: Ethan-where's your tooth?
Ethan: It fell out.  I swallowed it.
Yuck.  We wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened. He still got his money.

Yesterday: Caleb's preschool included a discussion about our home in Heaven one day.  A mansion. Deep discussion on what we will look like.  Will we be kids or adults?  What kind of food there?  Will there be toys? What kind of toys?

Ethan: I'm ready to die.
Me: Really? Why?
Ethan: I'm ready to go to Heaven and see Jesus.
Well said Ethan.

Today at the optometrist Ethan had his first eye exam.  He is sitting in John's lap getting his pictures of his eyes then waits with John while I'm getting mine done.

Ethan: Shew.  Dad. Your breath stinks.

Few minutes later, Ethan talking to our eye doctor:
Ethan:" you know, I had to switch my underwear and wear my brothers."
Optometrist: Really?
Ethan: Yes, and then I had to get some out of the dirty clothes hamper the other day.
Optometrist: Wow.
Ethan: you know, the other day Caleb put his underwear on my head.  ...You know, I wanted to run away today.  I don't like being in timeout.

Seriously?  This is the FIRST time he has ever mentioned anything about running away and now he tells our optometrist? Underwear?  Breath stinking?

I'm blind since I don't have my contacts in but one can only imagine what facial expressions are on his face during this dialogue.

Caleb decided to poop in the potty this morning. Let's just say it wouldn't qualify for 2 dollars so I told him to finish up later in there.  Not 45 minutes later...finished pooping...the whole shebang...in his underwear...down his leg...on his foot...on the floor in the bathroom.

And you wonder why I'm praying for fruits of the Spirit this morning during homeschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment