Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

007

Today, I was 007.

Our neighbor's dog came and visited today.  You know, the one who peed on Ethan's shoes while he was wearing them?  He is innocent enough and I like him...until he takes off down the road with Ethan's boot.  Then he comes back, and robs my corn from the fall scene.  Oh no you didn't.

So, like any person, I have to go get it.  Enter 007.  I, dressed in 007 attire: bright orange running shirt, workout pants, and garden shoes, stealthily make my way down the road, pushing a toddler, in a winnie the pooh stroller.  The dog sees me...quick I have to hide before I am licked to death.  I, picking up speed, run into the neighbors driveway and try to be polite. 007 has manners.  I knock on the door and no answer. So, like any 007, I scope out the yard, pushing my 20-month old, in a stroller,with a dog following me.  I did find some evidence: the corn was chewed up and shredded all over their yard (I'm sure my neighbor really appreciated that consider his yard is immaculate), a chewed up football that I didn't know we were missing...but no boot.  I stop and have to dart inside the garage to the dog's kennel and see if the boot is hiding in there.  No.  However, while doing this, my partner in crime has now gotten out of the stroller and is walking around trying to play with the neighbor's grandkids' toys.  Smooth, trying to play it off like we were there to play.  007 in training.  Despite her best protesting, I quickly put Linley back in the stroller and head back to our house. With no corn, and no boot.  Oh Harvey, until we meet again.

Today, as normal, I felt like a preacher, on self-control and using kind words. Ugh.

Ethan, responding to Caleb using up all the legos for ship, decides he is going to build a "Ship that is BETTER than yours!"
Caleb to me: Ethan is being shellfish.
Shellfish?  I think we need a little more lessons here.

 Repeat scenario again: Ethan annoying Caleb. Caleb defending his position with a toy in a hand and a threat to throw it.  I enter into the scene.

Me: Caleb, you cannot control him but you can control yourself.  We do NOT throw our toys no matter what your brother does.
Caleb: putting toy down, MOM!  Ethan is talking to me being mean.
Me: Pointing finger at the point-I will talk to Ethan.
Me: turning to Ethan: You are not being kind.  We are to build each other up with our words not tear each other down.  You are saying words that are not kind and not building him up.
Ethan: I'm not going to build him up or tear him down.  I'm going to put him in the middle. I'm going to put him in a dungeon.

Great, what do you say to that? At that point my sermon was over and it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment