Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

Caleb is 4

Today is a landmark day.  Caleb turned 4.  Much to his regret (Today you have to poop inthe potty and you do not get to drink "warm milk" out of  a sippy cuy).  Poor buddy bear. So, here is a reflection of our year with our Caleb.

1. Caleb-when I think of you I think of laughter. 
Your comedic relief is continual.  Just your attitude about you makes me laugh.  I don't know yet if that is one of your goals in life is to make others laugh, but you are good at it.  You are one silly boy.  I.E.: Sunday you stayed out during the praise and worship part of the church service. John was doing a skit on stage about the building fund.  It's dark.  You are standing, along with Ethan, on the back of the chairs in front of us.  After several times of Betsy and I telling you to get off of them, what happens?  All of a sudden, feet go flying through the air and you are now in the row of chairs in front of us!  Yes, I laughed, but I did have to convince you that I meant serious business if you EVER did that again.
 
 
2. Strong will.  You, My son, are one of the most strong-willed people I have ever met in my life.  You do not accept no for an answer, which absolutely drives me and your dad nuts alot of times right now. But, I know that God has big things in store for you because with that strong-willed attitude you can do mighty things to serve Him.    I.E.: Getting you to apologize and say you are sorry takes about 20-30 minutes plus a meltdown.
 
3.  Courage.  You don't really know too much of fear.  You do the wildest things sometimes and I really am amazed. Yes, you follow along in your brother's footsteps alot, along with your daddy, but what any average child would do you just keep on going.   When discussing defending ourselves from bad guys, you two decided that you would protect us with your nerf guns.  That, and shoot the cats and the bull..literally, with your nerf guns. 
 
4.  Creative and artistic and bright.  I am amazed at how much you pay attention to detail.  Seriously, I have had people tell me about how detailed you are at church. And, if I have to hurry you it does not go well.  Since we have been homeschooling, you have spent the majority of the time listening in on Ethan. And, since you have done that you have picked up so much knowledge even at 3.   Your favorite things right now are lego Star Wars.  I will follow the directions and put it together for you, but in two minutes I turn around and you have taken it apart and you have built something else out of it.  You do not get that from me.  Your imagination is amazing.  Which, sometimes is to your disadvantage since you tried to convince me the other day tha tyour poop was yellow and white and I couldn't see it on the toilet paper. Hmm. 
 
 
Caleb, you are one amazing boy. I love you so much and am so excited about what God has in store for you in the next year and the years that follow!!  You are my Bubby Bear!!


No comments:

Post a Comment