Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crack me up

Days like today, and the past couple days, I just crack up.  In a good way :)

My boys now have a new obsession with Star Wars.  You know, the 80's versions.  Caleb even sings the Darth Vader song.  When he sees the ship he even says, "There my ship." in the deepest voice possible.  For Halloween the boys are going to be Star Wars themed. Caleb: Darth Vader; Ethan: Luke (the starship kind where he gets to wear the airplane suit and helmet); and Linley Claire: Yoda.  Caleb already has his costume on around the house. I was putting up clothes when something hits me right behind my knees.  What in the world? I turn around and what do I see? Caleb, in his Darth Vader costume-" I chop off your legs." in his Darth Vader voice as he is holding his light saber.  Then, deep discussion on how we really can't hit people with our light sabers like Darth Vader did in the movie. 

Yesterday, Caleb runs to his room. My first instinct: poop. So of course I tell him to go sit on the potty.  But, before I know it here comes Caleb sans underwear and pants sporting only his pajama shirt.  Here's the dialogue:
Me: Caleb, did you poop?
Caleb: uh-huh.
Me: Go to the bathroom to get cleaned up. 
Caleb: NOOOOOO!!!!!!
break here for drama in the bathroom.
Me: Caleb, where is your poop?
Caleb: in my room.
Note-we have a dog who poops outside, maybe Caleb should go outside with him. Just a thought.
Me: Here's the toilet paper, go pick up your poop and put it in here.
Caleb: NOOOOOOO!!! (Seeing a pattern here? That's three for you).
Enter bedroom where there is poop on the floor. Seriously? 
Me: you are not leaving this room til you are done picking up your poop and have self-control.
Caleb: NOOOOOOO!!!!!
5 minutes later, poop gone and Caleb now has "Self-control" and doesn't whine for about 30 seconds.  We're still working on that character trait.

Today, and yesterday, and the past few weeks, I've been balancing the checkbook, you know, your favorite thing to do in the whole world.  John and I have a plac ewhere we keep all the receipts and then I write them all down at one time. So, I am working on that and left them on the love seat last night.  And this is what I saw this morning:

andthis:
 
 
Yes, this is my new messer. 
 
 
Oh well, so much for organization, Then, five minutes later this is what happens:
 
Those are clean dishes.  Linley is a climber.  And now wet.
 
We get school started and we are doing our devotional. We're talking about the importance of having good friends.  We discuss the verse, "As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another." Of course, I go deep with it and try to illustrate it for them:
 
Me: Boys, it's kind of like swords or your light sabers.  To make something sharper you have to rub it against something else. Like a knife.  You rub it back and forth and it gets sharper and sharper. That's the way it is with friends. We need to choose friends who help us to do good to others, love the Lord more.  That way we become better at serving others, and loving the Lord.
In my head: good analogy. Are they getting this?  Did they understand the illustrations?
Ethan:  Mom, you don't sharpen light sabers. 
 
Oh well.  They really do crack me up :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment