Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

Boys vs Girls

Well, the past couple weeks have been crazy.  Our grandmother passed away so it has been a very sad time for our family. But, during this time we were also blessed just because as a family we were able to come together and celebrate her life and enjoy being together.  So, we were able to hang out with my two neices for about a week, they are 6 and 3. So we had a 6, 5, 3, 3, and 6 month old for a few days. Hilarious is pretty much descriptive of our time. Here are a few examples along with just a few things have happened at our house since.

Caleb and Annalee are going at it in the pool (these are the two 3 year olds and second borns-Betsy and I have a few theories on second borns :P) They are using the noodles as weapons.  After Betsy and I about make our throats sore from, "Be kind to each other" We finally just let them go at it.  The difference between boys and girls: Annalee did cry and Caleb screamed "SORRY!" in not the nicest of tones.

We are at our parents' house and the kids are in the living room playing. Ethan runs in the room, bends over, grabs his rear end, and begins making loud pooting noises to no one in particular.  Seriously?  Of course, Betsy and I bust out laughing and he is confused as to why we are laughing.


Now, to just a few things that happened at our house lately:

It is the sweetest thing ever to hear Ethan and Caleb pretend playing cars and Katie Beth and Annalee are in the other cars.

Linley had  a dirty diaper so I tied it up in a Wal-Mart sack. Before heading to church to work on some stuff I actually caught myself saying, "BOYS!! DO NOT THROW THE DIRTY DIAPER AT EACH OTHER!!"  Yes, the dirty diaper was thrown everywhere in our house, much to Linley's entertainment. 

Yesterday, I looked out the window and my mouth dropped to the ground.  John is playing with the boys in the pool. They are being launched like airplanes.  Do I see screaming and crying? No, they are going as fast as they possibly can getting back to John saying, "higher, HIGHER!"

I'm giving the boys a bath.  Then comes the discussion on male anatomy.  What are these? Why are they round? What are they called? What are they for? Do you have them? Does sister?  Oh I wish Dad were in here to hear this one!

Today, the boys decided that Thomas the Train needed to fall in a pond. Of course, I say sure. I mean why not, Thomas needs a bath now and then.  My rule is that the water has to be on the hardwood. So, after a couple scares of water being dropped all over the floor, Thomas makes it in the pond.  Then, Ethan decides that Caleb shouldn't put one of his train cars in the water, too late, so Ethan snatches it out. Caleb of course screams at him and then proceeds to dump the entire "Pond" in the floor.  After an almost time out I decide that the "Punishment must fit the crime" (Yes, we love Parent Trap) so all of the towels are put to good use. 

Then, we get busy playing basketball. Before the game begins I walk into their room and I see Caleb STANDING on top of the dresser.  (Just a picture: this is a 5 drawer dresser with no mirror.) Why? You may ask. Well, I asked the same question...I get the look, duh mom. Then an explanation that Caleb has to be able to hit the basketball goal.  My next step, Caleb get off of the dresser. Of course, I thought he would climb down the same way he got up there. Oh no, not Caleb, daredevil jumped off the top of the dresser.  I ran in the room and he's rubbing his head.  Are you serious?  Are you okay? Yeah Mom. 

Then, it's time for a wrestling match.  I'm telling you, I may be bruised for weeks after this. But, apparently it was a big hit, literally.  To be on even ground I have to play on my knees and they get to run at me and try their hardest to tackle me. Yes, it was fun, they had a blast.  Scared me to death when one would jump off the bed and try to tack me in the air and the other would run at me from the other side of the room.

John comes home and the boys are talking about their pants being wet. Naturally, John wants to know why.
Me: Thomas took a dip in the pond.
John: On the hardwood.
Me: Yes.
John: Do you think that was the best idea?
Me: Definitely, the floors needed mopping.
John: Oh. What did you mop them with?
Me: The towels on the floor. 

I thought my logic was spot on. At least the floors got scrubbed today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment