Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

About time

Yes, so I am a couple days behind, but time has been busy this week. Here are the highlights from the past couple days.

Yesterday morning Linley is up at 5:30 for a bottle then John and I head outside to shuck corn.  Yes, at 5:45 in the morning we are shucking corn. Our cows and goat were happy.  Then, John thinks he hears one of the kids. I go check and sure enough, Caleb is sitting in the hallway at 6:15 crying.  He wants warm milk.  Early morning. 

Later,  I'm doing prayer time in the my room with Ethan snuggling on the bed.  We hear the door open and close. Ethan: "I think Caleb just went outside."  Yes, he has to have his morning bathroom break outside off the backporch.  20 seconds later here comes Caleb down the hall. "MOM!!" Then Caleb walks into my room in his pj's, kind of.  He's got his shirt on but is missing something. His pajama shorts, he has fashioned them as a new hat on his head.  Very trendy. 

Trip to Radio Shack.  Man, I'm proud of my boys, they're walking around the store just staring in amazement while the owner is busy with another customer and I'm waiting.  It's my turn.  Then, I hear a loud crash.  Pride shot down along with two 32" flat screen tv's that Ethan accidently backed into. At least they were in boxes.  My nerves now on edge so boys are forced to stand directly behind me during transaction. But wait, there are shelves right there that are just perfect for little boys to step on.  More loud crashes.  At this point the owner looks at them and says:"Those will throw them off." No kidding?  Did he think I was whispering to my kids, "Boys, go jump up and down on those shelves!!"  We can't get out of there fast enough.  Now, a trip across the street to the post office, park, and now Wal-Mart.  I forgot my Lysol. Ugh.  So, load the trio up, Linley strapped to me in my knock-off Moby wrap, Caleb in the front of the buggee and then Ethan in the basket.  We walk in and what do we always do first? Clean the buggee.  So, I pass out wipes and the boys are responsible for scrubbing down their part of the buggee.  Man, they scrubbed well. Then, trash those and out comes the handsanitizer.  The boys want to eat chicken nuggets while we shop so we have to clean them right?  Germaphobe? Yes.  But, the three people sitting at the window at Subway in Wal-Mart were having a good laugh at this crazy Mom.  So pumped, I didn't have to plank with LInley attached to me in the aisle at Wal-mart. 

Back at home, the boys are at each others' throats and I've had enough. off to time-out they go.  Door slammed.  OH well, at least it's quiet on my end of the house. Then the house begins to shake. Mental note: boys need separate rooms for timeout. It's more of playtime without Mom in the room.  The dresser was cleaned off, everything was in the floor. The basketball goal was turned over in the floor. At least the dresser wasn't emptied. 

VBS every night this week at church. 

Cut off all the corn while the kids had rest time and Linley napped.
At 9:30 I begin boxing all the corn-ended up with 61 quarts at 10:30 p.m. The house smelled good:)

This morning, the boys are going to play at Mammy's. They want to spend the night. BUt wait, you can't, we have VBS again. Then Caleb's fit begins.  He no go to church!!!!  Yes, you know you've been spending a lot of time at church when your kid doesn't want to go to VBS due to the fact that we have lived there the past week getting ready.  Side note-he didn't stay in his class tonight, ended up with Dad and the big kids. Oh well.  At least he made it. 

Spent the majority of the night with Linley strapped to me.  What a workout. At the end of the night I keep smelling something, Man, those kids are stinking.  I get home, wait, that's not the kids. It was me. Busy night.  VBS is a blast, I love it and I think my kids do too!! Just an overview of out week this week.  Never a dull moment!

1 comment: