Total Pageviews

Friday, October 31, 2014

Uh oh, never a dull moment.

So, Linley Claire is going on 3.  With Caleb, I have blogged and blogged about all of his antics.  Let's just say Linley Claire, giving him a run for his money. This all happened just THIS week, so far we are only 5 days into this week.

Sunday:  Linley is telling me she has pooped in her diaper.  So, off we go, let's go clean up (yes, she is NOT potty trained, not for lack of trying on my part).  I notice on her way down from the top bunkin the boys' room that there was a little on her leg, her diaper must have leaked.  Then, I see her hands, specifically her fingers.  Of course, I had to smell because you never know who has been sneaking chocolate around here.  Rest assured, this is definitely NOT chocolate.  Off to the bathroom to wash hands along with a lecture that we do not stick our hands in our diaper and touch poop.  Then, to change the diaper I now see the front of her legs.  There is smeared poop all up and down her right leg.  Picture dried chocolate pudding here.  Seriously?  Why on God's green earth would you put poop on a leg?  So now, as I'm changing the diaper I know that there has to be poop somewhere else.
Me: Linley, where is the rest of the poop?
Linley: In my diaper.
Me: Linley, where is the rest of the poop you pulled out of your diaper?
Linley: In Ethan's bed.

For the love, you have got to be kidding me.  I call John, who doesn't even question when I say strip Ethan's bed, don't show it to me, just put it in the washer.

Tuesday: I'm teaching library at the new Christian school we have started at our church. Mrs. Jeanne, John's mom, is watching the girls.  I'm into the lesson on fiction versus non-fiction when I hear our music minister say, Tori Cole? She's right there?  So, who is that woman running frantically through the church looking for me?  Oh, surely not MY MOTHER IN LAW WHO HAS BOTH GIRLS!!!  After about a mini-heart attack I am told that Linley has stuffed a lego up her nose and she cannot get it out and she is here with both of them.  Thankfully our music minister had the light app on his phone, and yes, far up in the left nostril is a lego, lodged in her nostril, behind the cartilage.  I closed her right nostril and blew in her mouth.  Nothing. Did it again, nothing.  Did I mention that to do this to a two year old surrounded by adults is really not the easiest way to get a lego out.  I finally get the dr on the phone, Russ is calling John who is teaching a college class at the moment,  and I'm trying to convince Linley to blow her nose.  Let's just say there is a reason God made her the child who can blow her nose the best.  Out it shot onto the sanctuary floor during one good blow.  Bless her. I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry considering our pastor walks out with the longest pair of tweezers I've ever seen in my life to help with the situation.

Wednesday: Abigail is sick with a cold and mad as a hornet. I take her to get the mail and walk back in, and I hear Linley.  Crying. Seriously?  I took a couple steps out of the house to get the mail and what has she done?  Gotten in the jumparoo and gotten stuck.  Picture this, her knees are touching the ground and her ankles are behind her back.  And she is stuck.  I mean, I'm pulling her and pulling her and canNOT get her out. I eventually turn the thing over sideways, move an ankle, and tug and out she pops.  Now, she laughs hysterically at this: "I stuck in dere."

Thursday:  I'm getting orders together for my business in the basement. She is down there with me doing her thing.  She tells me now, "I stuck." She is literally 5 feet from me standing but she has walked around some boxes and the treadmill.  "Are you stuck over there? Just walk back around the treadmill?" You know, she's two.  Just walk around it.  No no. She is STUCK. To the GLUE board that has some other insects stuck to it like a couple dead beets among other insects (this is our basement).  So I go over and have to hold onto the glue board, she tugs her legs, and finally her foot comes off the glue board.  And the dead insects stay on.  Lecture again: we do not put our feet on glue boards with insects stuck to them.

This girl, oh this girl.  She cracks me up constantly and truly is a blessing.  This afternoon I told her, in the car, to just take a nap for a minute.  And I turn back around, next thing I know, I hear snoring. Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment