Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

Addition

Today, we made an addition to our family.  Meet, Ollie.  Yes, we decided to get a dog.  It has already been memorable. 

John found Ollie on craigslist and after much debate we decided it was time to get a dog.  So, the three kiddos and I took off to Halls, TN, to pick up our pup.  The kids fall asleep on the way there, we pull up, they are now awake minus Linley, and the boys flip out because they saw the big dog (A border collie so it really isn't that big).  Did I mention our kids are petrified of dogs?  Thus, the reason of getting a dog.  So, now we have the whole van awake.  Two screaming boys and a baby who is supposed to be napping.  I'm sure the lady we bought the dog from thought we were crazy. 

We put Ollie in our pet carrier and home we go. He was such a trooper in the van, not hardly even making noises.  Man, this dog is great.  There we are, 15 minutes from home and I smell this terrible smell.  What in the world?  I look over at Ollie in the pet carrier and he is now circling and there is something in the bottom of it.  Could it be? No, no way.  Oh,but yes. We now have a dog sitting in the front seat in a pet carrier that has poop in it.  At this point numerous thoughts were going through my head:
1. I think I might hurl.
2. Are you kidding me?
3. I just added something else to our family that is not potty trained.
So, I roll the window down and pretend to be a dog myself by holding my head out the window gasping for air all the while loudly gagging as I'm driving.  I look in the rearview mirror and I see Ethan holding his nose screaming about how bad it stinks.  After I stop gagging a discussion starts up.
" Mom, why did you get a dog? I think we need to take him back... That poop doesn't stink as bad as baby poop."
"Oh yes, I think it's pretty far up there on the poop scale."  Then everyone has to rank the stinkiness of the poop we have at our house, baby poop, cow poop, dog poop. 
To welcome Ollie to the family he gets a bath.  Oh well,  he is one of the jolliest dogs around.  The boys even like him so I think he's a keeper :)

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Ollie slept peacefully on the porch last night. Keeps the cats away from the door!

    ReplyDelete